Data broker reports are not subject to Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements, which means you aren’t entitled to a free peek at their data every year, like you are with free annual credit reports at the three major credit reporting agencies.
But numerous other reports are available to consumers, and you should check them once a year. Here’s how:
- Get your CLUE report here.
- Your MIB report (Formerly Medical Information Bureau) includes information on health insurance claims. Get it here.
- Chexsystems includes data on your check-writing habits. Get it here.
- Equifax sells a report called The Work Number that includes information on your salary history. Get a copy here.
- Numerous firms keep tabs on your rent payment history. See a list of them at the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse (Section 6).